Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why does my foundation and concealer flake when I put it on?

Ok every time I put on concealer or foundation it always flakes in places like under my eye, or the nose. If not, it looks sort of scaly and not smooth. Can anybody tell me why? And I'm using products from well known companies like Clinique and Covergirl. I'm also using my fingers to put it on, if that makes a difference?





So what should I do?Why does my foundation and concealer flake when I put it on?
make sure you exfoliate your skin because make up will dry it out a bit and if there are little bits of dead skin it will look a bit scaly. b sure to use a moisturiser and was off you make up at the end of each day!Why does my foundation and concealer flake when I put it on?
I have the same problem with concealer. I'm thinking that it's old. Try Chanel. I believe them to be smooth and moist. You can try a concealer brush too.
Before you put on your make up make sure your face is clean and use a moisturizer. Wait at least ten minutes before putting on your foundation. If you apply make up too soon after moisturing or cleansing it can be pushed out of your pores causing it to flake. Using a non-latex sponge can also help reduce flaking.
If your makeup is fresh that shouldnt happen. I even have old tubes that Ive had for a long time and they dont do that...unless my skin is dry.. I believe that is the problem here. Even if it doesnt look visibly dry, it might be, which makes liquid foundation look awful. I use St. Ives apricot scrub and LOTS of lotion or aloe vera gel. I hope this helps...also, if you see your skin is a little flaky, dont put powder on too, this is a surefire way to make it look even worse.
Sounds like either you have dry skin, you're putting on too much makeup, or both.





Before you put foundation on, you should prep your skin. Wash with a mild scrub (Oil of Olay Regenerist Warming scrub is amazing) and follow with moisturizer. A good one I've found is Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture. This will help your makeup go on more smoothly by getting rid of dead skin cells and hydrating new ones.





Second, the kind of makeup you use is important--meaning if it's formulated for your skin type. Name brands have very little to do with anything. You could be using Dior foundation, but if it's formulated for oily skin and you have dry skin, it isn't going to look good.





If you're using cream-to-powder or just plain powder formulas, I'd ditch them for a creamier alternative.
You might just be a little dry in those areas. Try dabbing some extra virgin olive oil on the area after you wash your face, before you put on makeup and a little heavier when you go to bed. Make sure to dab your concealer... not rub.
maybe it's old


never happened to me
it's either old, or you have dry skin. use a face moisterizer or lotion before putting it on. if that doesn't work buy new make up
It sounds like a classic case of dry skin. I have it as well, and here is my rountine-





I scrub my face really well everyother day with an apricot scrub by St. Ives ( you can get it just about anywhere- and you can get it for sensitive skin, dry skin, the whole nine yards)





Every day I use Sea-Breeze on my face to help clean out the pores. Once my face dries, I use a toner on my skin to help even out the overall tone and pore consistency. After that, I apply a light layer of face moisturizer. I know it's old school, but I like Oil of Olay. It's light on my skin and doesn't make my pores feel gross. After that, I apply my make-up.





Also, if the shower is before bed, and not to start the day, I put a good layer of moisturizer on and that's it!!! And don't forget your neck!!





And, to remove your make-up, I like those face cloths that you get wet and they lather up. Or, what works in a pinch for stubborn eye make-up and mascera is good old conditioner! It's cheap and right there!
Ok this happens when you apply make up to dry skin. Your skin needs moisture try using clinique 1,2,3 step guide it's amazing also clinque have a product called moisture surge extra thirsty skin relief you put it on before you put on ur foundation.//x
it's because your skin is sensitive and dry..mix it with a little moisturizing unscented lotion
mayb bcuz those places r dry try xtra moistrizer b4 u out on ur makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan