Thursday, December 10, 2009

Ladies, when using concealer should you apply it under or over your foundation?

I have tried both ways and different kinds and can't seem to get the coverage I thought I would have with a concealer. Please help. I can't seem to get foundation or concealer to stay on long it seems to just fade away. I even have foundation that is supposed to stay on all day, it doesn't. I feel like my face is ugly and such a splotcy mess I just want it hidden. Thanks in advance for all of your help!Ladies, when using concealer should you apply it under or over your foundation?
I apply the concealer over the foundation. If I apply it before foundation, it just gets wiped off.





Maybe a different texture of concealer would last longer, depending on your skin type. I think sticks and pot concealers are supposed to give more coverage and last longer, unless your skin is oily. You can put powder on top of the concealer to make it last longer too, but be careful; it can get cakey, and it won't look that great on dry skin.





It sounds like you're down on yourself. Don't feel like you have to hide your face behind a mask. If you're convinced you look bad, all the concealer in the world isn't going to help.Ladies, when using concealer should you apply it under or over your foundation?
I hope you're able to feel better about yourself soon! If you have to, find a good counselor to help. You may not even need concealer after all %26lt;grin.%26gt; Report Abuse

First conceal then apply the foundation.
Have you ever tried a foundation primer? They work wonders! Prescriptives(sp?) makes an illuminating one and I love it!





I use Estee Lauder double wear concealer under my foundation and it works nicely.
For best results, put it on over and under your foundation. You must make sure that it is completely dry before you put the foundation on. Then put a small amount on top of the foundation as well.
Concealer first, then foundation. Have you tried dabbing it on with your fingers? I used to tap until I couldn't see the spot anymore, then use foundation. Sort of like sending a message in morse code...
im a mascara and gloss girl but i was watchin qvc last night and they actually applied the concealer both ways. durin the smashbox special they showed how u could wear it over or under ur makeup. maybe u should just try a different line of cosmetics if the one ur usin now isnt doin u any justice...
You should apply concealer under your foundation. The reason is because concealer contains more pigment and is more difficult to blend into your natural skin tone. So, when you apply concealer first you allow the foundation to even out your skin color.
I don't wear the stuff but I do know it's concealer first, then foundation, complete with powder.





Also if you find it's not working well, try a different brand...loreal really is good. I do have a foundation on emergency days and that lasts all day---ideal balance it's called

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan