Thursday, December 10, 2009

What is the best brand of makeup (foundation, concealer, etc) for people with sensitive skin?

I have very sensitive skin, and I'm having trouble finding a makeup that will help keep my skin happy but also serve its purpose. Also, I have unfortunately inherited dark circles around my eyes from my mother's side of the family. What is the best brand of makeup I can use that also helps with the problem areas of my skin?





Specific regimes of application will also help! Thanks!What is the best brand of makeup (foundation, concealer, etc) for people with sensitive skin?
If your skin is sensitive go with Mineral Makeup, whatever brand you choose. And that comes straight from my derm. I use Bare Minerals and between that and an RX gel I've almost completely gotten rid of my roseaecea, my roommate uses L'oreal and loves it. Every one carries mineral makeup now so buy what you like!





As for the curse of under eye circles, they're pretty unsightly but easy to cover. A good concealer can make all the difference so I wouldn't advise skimping on this product. I have crazy dark circles (from my dad's side of the family) and this is what I do. I have the Select Cover Up from MAC. Their concealers are super! They have great amounts of coverage and a few different formulas so you'll almost always find something you love. And with good quality, you'll get good coverage.





Everyone has a different opinion on when concealer should go on (before or after foundation) I can't see that either works better so . . . I always take a highlighter with a touch of shimmer in it and run that along my under eyes to help reflect the light, then dot your concealer using a concealer brush or your ring finger.What is the best brand of makeup (foundation, concealer, etc) for people with sensitive skin?
I agree, you should use a mineral foundation. I also recommend the Clinique system for cleansing. I love the way it makes my face feel and look. I tried Proactiv..but it didn't work as well for me.
sensitive as in break out very easily?


i would recommend ettusias. i've not used them before but i have friends with serious acne problems telling me it's good. they also have concealors meant to cover undereye circles too!
I have very sensitive skin and the only make-up I have found that doesn't break my skin out is bare minerals. I love it! It looks very natural but covers up my dirty little secrets. lol
I have dark circles and sensitive skin too. I use a yellowish concealer for undereye, really brightens it up. Then I put my mineral foundation over it. I use the Hollywood formula from LA Minerals. Great Stuff...love it!


I had tried bare minerals, but it made me itch like crazy. Has bismuth oxychloride in it. So does a lot of brands....eyemakeup, blush included. I had to search out one without it.


They have samples for like $1 on their site and ship em free. At least you could see if it works for you without breakin the bank!


Best of Luck!


http://www.laminerals.com
get the bare minerals foundation or the starter kit from sephora and the clinique concealer (the line smoothing one). both of those are tested and bare minerals is natural.
I'm not sure where you live but I use Revlon ColorStay. If you find your perfect colour it matches perfectly, and you can also chose which type of the foundation is right for your skin, (Oily,Dry,Sensitive,Combination). It has great coverage and I always rely on it to last me throughout the day and it does! It's amazing, it will help to diminish the dark circles right away. If that doesn't help then using Yves Saint Laurent -Touche Eclat would really help the dark circles under your eyes.
Try puritycosmetics,co,uk. It is really good!
i find that the best for me is loreal 10 hour sleep affect its really nice on your skin and its the best ive ever had
I have extremely sensitive skin and use kms mineral essentials. I could not use bare minerals because I am sensitive to the bismuth ingredient in the makeup and have heard that many others are as well.





They have a great concealer that covers absolutely everything from blemishes to dark circles and scars.
um . . ha ur gonna think im stupid but its loike this spray bottle liquid - and i think its revlon - really great many many shades :]
I have sensitive, acne prone skin that is prone to hives, and I also have dark circles. The absolute best brand of makeup I have found is called EverdayMinerals, which is sold over their website www.everydayminerals.com. The products I have worked with are their powder foundation, concealer, and blush. I absolutely love their foundation and concealer, which only consist of 4 ingredients and offer a flawless finish. The trick to applying mineral makeup is to get a large fluffy brush (often known as a kubuki brush). The bristles should be somewhat compact and the brush should have a roundish appearance (they sell them on the website). Then apply a bit of powder to the brush, tap excess powder, and gently swirl and buff the makeup onto your skin. Build the application gradually as needed, because a little powder goes a long way. As for the concealer, which is also powder, I just apply with an eyeshadow brush. Best of all, you can order a sample pack of their products for the small cost of shipping and handling. Detailed instructions for application and choosing the right colors are also included in the site. I highly recommend you check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan