Thursday, December 3, 2009

Can anyone suggest a concealer that actually works?

Preferably one that is easy to find and doesn't cost a fortune! Is there such a thing? I have the worst under-eye dark circles, and nothing I've tried seems to do much good at hiding them. Serious answers only, please. Thanks!Can anyone suggest a concealer that actually works?
I had the most trouble finding something to hide my undereye demons. My undereye circles can look like the living dead girl. What helped me was getting a fleshy salmony peach color...and it being a creamy type texture. I used Aromaleigh Coquille powder in Nectarine and mixed it with Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals...until I had a cosmetics formulator custom make a concealer for me. You can mix the Coquille powder into any foundation (if it's dry powder, then add a little moisturizer to make a paste) or if you don't want to order thru Aromaleigh, you can try mixing in a little bit of a blush or eyeshadow shade that is very similar in color (as the nectarine coquille swatch located in bottom link) with foundation.





Some people can use the coquille or any powder concealer dry and alone too, but I needed the creamy and flesh tone into it. I'm a light medium neutral beige, if that helps. Your best bet though is to play around with a peachy/salmony (not red or pink) or yellow color in your concealer (whether it be premade/packaged or you mix it yourself).





I've heard several ladies rave about concealer from Boots No7 Radiant Glow helping with undereye circles (should be easily found at most discount or drug type stores, especially Target). The color does look like it'll work. Sorry if I'm not too much more help here.Can anyone suggest a concealer that actually works?
I use Clinique concealer. It's wonderful. They will match it to your skin color so it blends perfectly. A bit on the expensive side but, it works well, and lasts a long time!
Hi sweetheart! I use Maybelines yellow concelor stick, I habve the same problem. It can be real frustrating , I know.


There is also a green concelor, I think it comes both in stick and liquid form, but I believe that the green is better for red spots.





The yellow works real well and I pnly use it around my eyes.





Good luck finding some thing tha will work for you.
I've also heard great things about bare minerals. A couple of my friends rave about them so much! Its a bit more expensive, but they reccommend getting the starter kit b/c it has the brushes in it.
This is quite an expensive soloution... Prescriptives (go to any department store - you will find them) will actually analyse your skin tone, and make a concealer which matches your own skin EXACTLY. It lasts for ages too - i use mine everyday, and it's been five months, and there's tonnes left. Only problem is it's quite expensive... I'm a teenager with an allowance of 拢25 a month, so i understand your financial crisis. I can't remember the exact price, but it cost around 拢20, but it is so worth it - think how much you have probably spent on concealers that don't work! This one lasts all day, and takes forever to use up, and everyone thinks i have perfect skin!
i use a few things, it won't break your piggy bank either :)





-boi-ing by benefit slightly expensive though it's like $18 but works great to camouflage those dark circles!


-i do use bare minerals from time to time for concealer but that's expensive too


-if you're looking for a cheaper costing product go for mayebelline dream matte mouse concealer is supposed to be pretty good.





you can try here for great reviews on skincare make up and junk!





www.makeupalley.com
Well the one I use does cost a little bit more money but I love it. I use bare minerals. I got the intro set for xmas. I really like it and would reccomend it to anyone. I also have clearer skin as well...
mine is also a little pricey but i love it i use sheer cover. i also have dark under-eye circles.
I use the multitasking concealer from kms mineral essentials. It does wonders for my under eye circles. You apply it with a brush and a little goes a long way. I believe it costs around $8. You can find them on the web, and I believe they sell some of thier products on ebay for a little bit less.
I don't think it's asrtonomically expencive, Yves Saint Laurent - Touche eclat is the probably one of the best, me and my mum use it so yeh it's good, Hope this helps
Clinique's Line Smoothing Concealer. I've been interested in/collecting make up for about four years and I have gone through a lot of foundations/concealers etc. And I can honestly say that Clinique's Line Smoothing Concealer is by far the best concealer I've ever used. It costs $13.50, and it's worth every penny. As far as finding something cheap. You really do get what you pay for. Drug store products may produce a similar result as some of the high end products, but they are not going to be the same. Either they'll be runny, or they won't last longer than an hour, etc. etc.
boi-ing by benefit cosmetics


an industrial strength concealer





Say good-bye to circles and shadows around your eyes with boi-ing. Our industrial strength concealer camouflages those pesky ';problems'; without creasing, smudging, or wearing off. In our modest opinion, it's the world's best concealer.





Tips and tricks: Swirl your finger in boi-ing to warm the product. Apply 3 dots under your eye area where dark circles exist. Pat to blend lightly with fingertips working from the outer and inner corner toward the middle.





Winner of Allure magazine's ';editor's choice - best concealer'; award





http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/gp/produ鈥?/a>
it's not concealer, but maybelline dream matte mouse works wonders!


It's a foundation, but i often use it as a concealer, and it works really well!


hope i helped (:
She's right. Bare Minerals. The best. I have been at this for almost 50 years, and I wish I had found this a long time ago!
bare minerals

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan