Thursday, December 3, 2009

What is your trick for smooth concealer application? Does anyone have a trick to keeping it from getting dry?

I am a makeup artist looking for suggestions/ideas as to how to keep concealer from looking dry and ';crepy';. We always know that proper under eye hydration is key, but I would love to hear from the public! I live in a dry climate and it's tough sometimes!What is your trick for smooth concealer application? Does anyone have a trick to keeping it from getting dry?
I do this every day. It works really well. You take a foundation brush and rub it on the concealer stick and apply it that way. It gives a smooth even coverage. And if you moisturize first or use that evian in a can, its even better.What is your trick for smooth concealer application? Does anyone have a trick to keeping it from getting dry?
When I use that Mary Kay over night pink stuff that looks like vaseline it helps for that day only not long term plus I use the yellow Physicians concealor in the tube w/a brush cause the sticks cake up on me
I tried using the liquid concealer but it never looks right, so I found some that is in pencil form, like eyeliner. I dab it on, pat it a bit with my middle finger to smooth it out, and you can't tell I'm wearing it.
Use a brush to apply the concealer and mix the acutal concealer with a little eye moisturizer. I have also done makeup artistry and find this really helps. I used to use a concealer brush, but now us a foundation brush with the concealer. Works great!
I use a make-up wedge and liquid concealer. Before applying, I wash my face, moisturize, and clean my makeup area. Then I apply foundation, and or concealer, but concealer first works well also. To keep it from getting dry, I live in southern Cali, and I apply moisturizer on top of my makeup. The moisturizer sets the makeup. As you can tell from that, I usually don't wear blush, and powder can be smeared. Some of my friends spray hairspray in their faces, but I think that's disgusting. It works though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan