Saturday, November 28, 2009

Concealer?

i'm looking for concealer; i've never needed it before because i'm finally starting to break out. i hear that the yves saint laurent touche eclat concealer is one of the best out there, but it's $40. is that a reasonable price? what do you suggest? i'm open to any suggestions in any price range, i'm just wondering if you've ever used the YSL concealer and what concealer you prefer. i prefer brands that they carry at bloomingdale's/neiman marcus but drugstore brands are alright too, just as long as they work. i use bare escentuals foundation/mineral veil too, if that helps. thanks!Concealer?
The YSL concealer is pricey, yes. But it is good. Having said that if you are covering marks, pimples whatever I wouldn't use that one. It's better for under eye circles.


I think the Benefit concealers are great. Clinique make a few different ones with different applicators which are good.


But for my pimples I use a Napoleon one, I put it on under foundation and then once I have blended, I sometimes put a little more on if it has moved, then lightly dust with a powder.Concealer?
i use ysl and it is the best in the market.
I've been a long-time fan of Laura Mercier concealer. It's creamy, so it's awesome for around the eye area. I also like Bobbi Brown Blemish Cover Stick for use everywhere else. Give them a try.
I'm also still in the market for the ';best'; concealer. However, I have an idea: why not go to your bloomingdale's / neiman's / lord %26amp; taylor's and have them try it on you? This way you can wear it for the rest of the day and see what it does. I know it's time consuming but better than spending just to discover discontentment with the product. I have used MAC studio finish, and Prescriptives, and Sephora, and Liz Arden and a few others, I've tried creams and sticks and liquids and I'm still not happy. I suggest having the associate try it on you, then you can get back to her on it.
Go to makeupalley.com and click on the best of the site of concealers.Vichy dermablend corrective is the #1 i would dieeee without it!!It makes me look flawless try it girl!!I swear you will loove so much.I also have the dior skinflash its good too =)
I vote for the YSL also. I've tried every concealer in the free world and I've always been disappointed-- until I discovered YSL. It's truly amazing.... it goes on silky-smooth, stays put and doesn't settle into the little creases or your pores. And best of all, it looks natural... never noticeable, and since a little on the brush goes a long way, that tube will last forever!





Yes, it *is* $40, but if it works that well, it's worth it, right?
I swear by Laura Mercier concealer, check it out
I have become a very happy customer / user of the BEE LUSCIOUS COSMETICS LINE... its even better quality than at Bloomingdales, its SPA quality. I use the blemish treatment concealer which is excellent and the liquid powder mineral foundation as well. They also have an amazing Holistic line that is very healthy for your skin...
I have Touche Eclat and find that the texture is thin but I have heard that Dior Skinflash has better coverage. Based on the reviews on makeupalley, some people say that Touch Eclat is more of a highlighter as coverage is light. While on the other hand, some people say that Dior Skinflash seeps into fine lines easily. I guess you would need to pick the one that is more suitable for you.





I don't really think that $40 is a reasonable price for both products as you get a very small amount. Some possibly better alternatives are MAC Studio Finish Concealer and Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage which give you more product. I guess it's really up to you. I don't live where you are so I'm not familiar with the department stores there. Most department stores should have these brands. Try them out at the counter and pick what works best for you.
Lorreal True Match is soooooooo nice


$14


seventeen magazine also recomended it

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan