Monday, November 30, 2009

Why does my concealer look bad in sunlight?

Whenever I go out into sunlight and take a mirror, my concealer looks so noticeable. So does the rest of my makeup, a little.





You can see cracks and lines under my eyes. I always put on my face primer and my eye cream. It looks better than before but it still looks bad in sunlight but not under the light in my house.





Help?Why does my concealer look bad in sunlight?
Okay, so either A. it is not the right color for you, or B. you are applying it too thick, or C. it isn't a quality brand.





A good way to test what color is good for you with concealer is to take some on your finger and draw a line of it from your jaw bone to your neck. Try this with numerous colors (pink undertones, yellow undertones) and see which blends the best.





When you apply concealer you want to ';stipple'; it in. A little goes a loooong way so take a tiny bit on your finger and dab it on the zit or problem spot. Stippling is dabbing it in repeatedly, and you want to do that until it blends in as much as possible.





Now, if your using a cheaper brand, thats fine. Its okay to use affordable brands, but when it comes to foundation and skin tone products its better to splurge on something more expensive if it saves you from looking like a cake. I use Mary Kay Cosmetics and could not live without them! A great way for a natural look after you apply concealer is to use a mineral powder foundation. It is the most natural and light looking foundation that I have found. And if you feel like it doesn't last throughout the day, it's a piece of cake to reapply it!





I hope you consider some of this, and that I helped!


:DWhy does my concealer look bad in sunlight?
Well, makeup is makeup and it will be noticeable, especially in the natural light of day. There is a special makeup applicator called a Beauty Blender that you can order from the Beauty Blender website or Sephora. It is a pink non latex sponge that you wet and then blot out the excess water before applying foundation.





They have a couple of special techniques that help you achieve a much more natural look and it will leave a matte finish.





You can also use it for concealer application as well. I use one myself actually and get compliments on my complexion all the time! Hope this helps.
Its noticeable because you're using the wrong color and its poor quality. I would recommend trying a good quality cosmetic brand, like Clinique, Shiseido, Estee Lauder, Smashbox, etc..... and ask the salesperson to match the concealer to your skintone (without you wearing any makeup), then go out into natural sunlight and check in a mirror to make sure the color matched your skintone, because the artificial indoor light can make colors look different than they do in natural light.
Well firstly, no one looks perfect under direct sunlight especially if you look close. You have to remember also that you tend to squint a little outdoors which could be why you have the lines outdoors but not in.


I too have a concealer problem though either its too heavy or too light. As for shade, i use a very light one. The lighter the concealer the better one looks.


I would like some help on this one though.
Always buy a concealor that is the same color as your hand not face. Also, try putting on your makeup near a window.. cause the lighting in your house is way different from nature lighting. The lighting in your house always makes your skin look a little lighter and smooth.
It is the wrong shade and possibly texture for your skin. Sometimes you can find things that have different kinds for different types of skin.
You should put on your makeup using sunlight. Put it on in your room next to the window instead of the bathroom. That way you can tell right away if you blended correctly. I hope I helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan