Monday, November 30, 2009

What's the best way to apply under-eye concealer?

I moisturise, then apply the concealer and pat it in with my finger but it never looks natural, and if I pat it in more to make it look natural, it disappears! Is there a better way to do it?What's the best way to apply under-eye concealer?
well first of all dont apply it in front of a magnified mirror. stand in front a regular one to ensure that it looks natural. make sure your undereye concealer is a bit lighter than you natural skin tone. one thing that helps with good application is a concealer brush. trust me. i usually dont like spending money on brushes but for this task it really helps. aslo, try a different concealer. if you're using liquid, try powder (like bareminerals concealer by bare escentuals), or vise versa.


good luck


hope this is helpful =)What's the best way to apply under-eye concealer?
it is kind of supposed to dissapere you dont want to look fake
Same happens to me,


I think I need a more expensive one =]
I've always heard that you should apply concealer after you apply your foundation. That way it stays better and does a better job concealing.





Now if you don't wear foundation, then maybe you are applying it too soon after moisturizing. Also maybe you should try a powder concealer, the consistency might work better for you.
You definitely need to use a concealer brush. It comes in big and small but I personally think the big one blends better. Plus you can use it on your lids and also for applying cream eyeshadow.
Sometimes, i pat it in gently with my fingers, but i understand what you mean - the application isn't always even this way, and it does tend to disappear too. I would suggest that you use a small brush instead. You can apply some concealer to the back of your hand, and then dip the brush in a bit, and slowly make small strokes under your eyes (or wherever u need it), and then pat a bit with fingers. I also use this method when i apply concealer to my lids before eyeshadow. For me, it makes it more even looking. I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan